Health New England Portal Landscape – Member, Broker & Employer
Posted on June 5, 2017
As our online self-service portal environment expands, we are happy to share that we’ve already made some enhancements since our Broker & Employer portal launch. In addition, we want to remind you and your employees about the benefits of using the Member portal.
Employer Portal Enhancement
Based on your feedback, we have made the following enhancement:
- Additional information is available in the member search function. Your search will include date of birth, plan name, PCP, and contract type (i.e., individual, individual +1 and family).
We always welcome your feedback. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need Employer portal technical support, please call (413) 233-3311 or toll-free (855) 415-9978.
Member Portal Reminder
We want to encourage members to get the most out of the Member portal. Below is a list of our easy-to-use tools that can help members manage their health care benefits. Please share this information with your employees.
- Claims and EOBs* – View recently processed medical and pharmacy claims or download an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for medical claims that have a member cost responsibility.
- Provider Search – Find a provider, see who’s accepting new patients, or change your PCP selection.
- Benefit Details – Reference benefits included in your health plan.
- Pharmacy Benefits – Learn about your personal pharmacy benefits, look up drugs and pharmacies, sign up for mail order and more.
- Cost of Care Calculator – Estimate the cost of medical treatments or services, and compare costs among area providers to help you make the most cost-effective choice.
- Teladoc® (24/7 access to a physician)** – Get to Teladoc, your telehealth benefit, directly with single sign-on – some of your member information is pre-populated, making registration simple.
In addition, if you’re enrolled in a high deductible health plan, the Member portal gives you one-click access to your health savings account (HSA) information on HealthEquity’s website.
Access the Portals
To access the Member, Employer and Broker portals, visit my.healthnewengland.org. HNEDirect is no longer active for members, employers or brokers. (Only access for Health New England Providers is still through HNEDirect.)
* Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) are provided in electronic format on the member portal and are not mailed to members. You can print an EOB from the Claims page on the member portal, or you can change your mailing preferences to have your EOBs mailed to your home. To do this, log into the member portal at my.HealthNewEngland.org and mouse over your name at the top right of the page. Click “Member Preferences” and check the box for “Manage my Paperless Preferences” to change your mailing preferences. You can also request paper copies by calling Member Services at (413) 787-4004 or toll-free at (800) 310-2835 (TTY: 711).
** Teladoc is available for most members; however, some self-funded employer group members are not eligible.