Simple Steps for Requesting Wellness Reimbursement
Posted on January 22, 2019
To help clarify the process for members about how to request their Wellness Reimbursement, we’ve compiled some answers to their frequently asked questions.
What is the process for Wellness Reimbursements?1
In order to simplify the submission process, we direct members to our secure online member portal at my.healthnewengland.org to access their Wellness Reimbursement form. The member portal offers a more personalized experience based on the member’s plan.2 In early 2018, the printable generic Wellness Reimbursement form was removed from Health New England’s public website.
- For fully funded employer group members and Health Connector members, the online Wellness Reimbursement request form is much easier to complete, has a shorter turn-around time than the paper form process, and doesn’t require copies of receipts to be mailed in. In general, it takes about 7-10 days for us to process and verify an online reimbursement submission.
- For self-funded employer group members (including GIC members), they can find their employer-specific printable form on the member portal. Because reimbursement requirements vary by employer group, online submission is not available at this time. These members must print their form, complete it and mail it in with the required documentation.
- Any member can call our Member Services Department to request their appropriate Wellness Reimbursement form at (413) 787-4004 or (800) 310-2835, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
How do members find the Wellness Reimbursement form on the member portal?2
To locate the Wellness Reimbursement form on the member portal, members can do the following:
- Go to the member portal at my.healthnewengland.org.
- Log in or register following the on-screen prompts.
- Once logged in, click on the “Forms” button in the left-hand navigation.
- Select “Wellness Reimbursement” from the list of forms.
- Follow the instructions on the Wellness Reimbursement page.
Members can call our Member Services Department for assistance or to request their appropriate Wellness Reimbursement form at (413) 787-4004 or (800) 310-2835, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Can a member still get the Wellness Reimbursement for 2018?
Members are able to request their 2018 reimbursements through March 31, 2019, using either the online submission form or the printable form on the member portal. The reimbursement year is based on the service/purchase date.
How can a member submit a 2019 Wellness Reimbursement for the “family” amount?
This answer applies to fully funded employer group and Health Connector members. A subscriber cannot select the total $4003 for his/her family. The amount is capped at $2003 per individual. Therefore, if the subscriber would like to submit for the full $4003 family reimbursement, they should submit for $2003 under their own name and then open a new form and select a dependent’s name to submit for the remaining $200.3
Can a member cancel an online Wellness Reimbursement submission?
Unfortunately, once a Wellness Reimbursement request is submitted online on the member portal, it cannot be retracted or cancelled. Before finalizing a submission, the member should make sure the information they are inputting is correct and valid. If the member has issues, they should call Member Services at (413) 787-4004 or (800) 310-2835, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
1The submission process may vary depending the employer group.
2Not all employer groups offer the same reimbursement amounts or cover the same items and activities. A member should check their membership materials for details about what is an applicable item or activity for wellness reimbursement, or contact Member Services if they need more information.
3This amount only applies to members of fully funded employer groups and Health Connector members.